Fix iPhone hotspot not showing up
Last Updated on May 15, 2023 by Kennedy
Having trouble with your iPhone hotspot not showing up? It can be frustrating when you rely on your device for internet connectivity. In this guide, we’ll explore possible reasons for this issue and provide troubleshooting steps to help you get your iPhone hotspot up and running again.
In this post I will explain the reason why;
- Iphone hotspot not showing up in settings app.
- Iphone hotspot not showing up on android, tv, roku, firestick, ps4, ps5, windows 11 & 10, etc.
As the question is of two category, personal hotspot not showing up in the settings app, and hotspot not showing on other devices.
IPhone hotspot not showing up
This is caused by not having a correct apn for the personal hotspot settings, or iphone personal hotspot isn’t active.
I noticed that there are certain occasion when I try to use my iPhone as a hotspot to my other devices, but couldn’t until I try to check what the problem is all about.
Now let me explain this problem as I stated above.
Iphone hotspot not showing up in settings
This is caused if the mobile data apn is not properly configured or setup.
This is the case whereby iPhone personal hotspot missing in the settings app or probably Personal hotspot not visible in settings. You opened the settings app, have your mobile data or cellular data turned on but couldn’t see the personal hotspot on your iPhone.
Now here’s what you have to do in order to fix the problem.
- Open the settings app on your iPhone and tap on mobile data or cellular data.
- You will where it says Mobile Data Network,go ahead and tap on it to open.
- Look at the option presented to you and you will see where it says Personal Hotspot.
- In that personal hotspot option, kindly enter the apn, username and password of your data provider.
- Once you have don’t that, you will see personal hotspot appear in your iPhone settings.
Incase you need images to see what I’m talking about, here it is.
Get started by opening the settings app on your iPhone.
Next is to tap on cellular data or mobile data as shown below.
On the next window, you will see where it says Mobile Data Network, please tap on it to open.
Please if your iPhone states cellular data and not mobile data, you may likely see Cellular Data Network instead of mobile data network.
As you opened mobile data network or cellular data network, you will see where it states Personal Hotspot.
Where it says APN, you will have to enter your ISP APN, same goes to username and password.
However, I found out that you may not necessarily enter the correct information.
For example, you may enter iPhone in the APN, web in the username, and web in the password.
Simply enter anything you like or you can think of in this very section. Once you have done that, go back to the settings page and you will see that Personal Hotspot will appear right below mobile data or cellular data.
This is how to fix the problem of Iphone personal hotspot missing in settings app or iPhone hotspot not appearing.
Fix iPhone not showing up on android
To fix Iphone not showing up on android, you need to do the followings;
- Make sure that mobile data is turned on, and personal hotspot is showing.
- Open the settings app anf tap on Personal Hotspot to open.
- Make sure you turned on Allow others to join, and don’t turn on the Maximise Compatibility feature.
- On your android device, turn on your Wi-Fi and you should see iphone hotspot on your android device available Wi-Fi.
What I noticed that sometimes iphone hotspot don’t show up on other device as long as you open the personal hotspot settings especially if it gas been closed for a long time.
So all you have to do is to open the settings app, tap on personal hotspot to open and leave it just open.
Don’t minimize it, then try to search for the iphone hotspot on your android device. Please first turn off Wi-Fi and turn it back again. This time you should see iphone among the available Wi-Fi connection.
Other methods includes the followings;
- By restarting your iPhone:
- Press and hold the Power button (or Side button) until the “Slide to power off” slider appears.
- Slide the slider to power off your iPhone.
- After your iPhone is completely turned off, press and hold the Power button again until the Apple logo appears.
- Update your iPhone’s software:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on “General” and then select “Software Update.”
- If an update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to download and install it. Make sure you have a stable internet connection for this step.
- Reset Network Settings:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on “General” and then select “Reset.”
- Tap on “Reset Network Settings” and enter your passcode if prompted.
- Confirm the action and allow your iPhone to reset the network settings. Note that this will remove your saved Wi-Fi passwords and other network settings, so you may need to re-enter them afterward
- Disable VPN and Proxy settings:
- If you have a VPN or proxy enabled on your iPhone, disable it temporarily and check if the hotspot appears.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on “General” and then select “VPN” or “Proxy” (depending on your setup).
- Disable any active VPN or proxy connections.
These are the ways to fix the problem of Iphone not showing up on android, tv, windows 11, firestick, roku, ps4 and ps5, etc.
Asking how do I make my iPhone hotspot visible? Kindly make sure that you set up your personal hotspot as it is the main reason why iPhone hotspot not showing up on your device or even in iphone settings.
How hotspot on iPhone work
An iPhone hotspot allows you to share your cellular data connection with other devices, such as laptops, tablets, or other smartphones, so they can access the internet. When you enable the hotspot feature on your iPhone, it essentially turns your device into a Wi-Fi router.
Here’s how iPhone hotspot works:
- Personal Hotspot Setup:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on “Cellular” or “Mobile Data” (depending on your iOS version).
- Select “Personal Hotspot.”
- You can set a Wi-Fi password for your hotspot, choose the connection method (USB, Bluetooth, or Wi-Fi), and enable the hotspot.
- Connection Methods:
- Wi-Fi: This is the most common method. When you enable the hotspot, your iPhone creates a Wi-Fi network with a unique name (SSID) and password. Other devices can connect to this network by selecting your hotspot’s name and entering the password.
- USB: You can connect your iPhone to a computer using a USB cable. The computer recognizes your iPhone as a network interface, allowing you to share the internet connection.
- Bluetooth: You can pair your iPhone with another device via Bluetooth to share the internet connection. This method is typically slower than Wi-Fi or USB.
- Data Sharing:
- Once your hotspot is set up and devices are connected, they can access the internet using your iPhone’s cellular data connection.
- The connected devices can browse websites, use online services, stream media, and perform any other internet-related activities, just as if they were connected to a regular Wi-Fi network.
- Data Usage and Limitations:
- The data used by devices connected to your iPhone hotspot is counted against your cellular data plan. Make sure you have a sufficient data allowance or consider any potential extra charges.
- Keep in mind that activities that require large amounts of data, such as streaming videos or downloading files, can quickly consume your cellular data.
- The number of devices that can connect to your hotspot simultaneously may vary depending on your carrier and iPhone model. Typically, you can connect multiple devices, but the more devices connected, the slower the connection speed may become.
- Disabling the Hotspot:
- When you no longer need to share your iPhone’s internet connection, you can disable the hotspot by turning it off in the Settings app. This stops other devices from connecting to your iPhone.
And with this, I come to the conclusion in today’s question of the day, how to fix iphone hotspot not showing up on android, tv, Roku, firestick, ps4, ps5, windows 11, etc.