How to change from facetime audio to regular call
Last Updated on May 17, 2023 by Kennedy
In today’s topic we’ll be looking at how to change from facetime audio to regular call especially if you’re stucked with facetime audio call instead of the regular standard phone call that uses the network service.
When using Facetime audio for a call, you may occasionally want to switch to a regular phone call. Transitioning from Facetime audio to a regular call is a simple process that can be done on various devices.
By accessing the active Facetime audio call and navigating the available options, you can easily switch to a regular call.
It’s important to ensure device compatibility, a stable network connection, and configure preferred call settings.
This guide will provide you with the necessary steps and considerations to seamlessly change from Facetime audio to a regular call.
How to change from facetime audio to regular call
To change from facetime audio to regular call, you simply have to put the facetime call on hold and initiate a regular phone call.
The question is how do i put a facetime call on hold in order to make a regular phone call instead of facetime audio call, here’s the process below.
To to change from facetime audio to regular call, you need to do the followings;
- You have to switch over to a regular call by tapping on the option that says Add call.
- Next is to tap on the keypad option, enter the recipient phone number and dial the number.
- By doing so, it will automatically put the facetime call on hold and the recipient phone will start ringing.
- At the recipient side, the recipient will be presented with the option to put the facetime call on hold and answer the incoming cellular phone call, or end the facetime call and answer the incoming cellular phone call.
- So it is left for the recipient to answer the incoming phone call.
Kindly note that in order to switch from facetime to regular phone call, you have to initiate the regular phone call.
For a better understanding, let me explain this better along with images.
The process of switching from facetime audio to regular phone call
As you’re making a facetime call, kindly tap on the option that says Add Call as shown in the picture below.
It will open the option for you to select w contact, but you don’t have to do that because it won’t show you the phone call option. Now what you have to do is to tap on the keypad option as shown below.
Now you have to enter the recipient phone number and dial the number.
Once you have done that, automatically it will put the facetime call on hold, be it facetime audio call or facetime video call.
Below is a typical example of how your screen will look like.
On the side of the recipient, it will indicate that there’s an incoming call. Now it is left for the recipient to put the facetime call on hold and answer the cellular phone call or end the facetime call and accept the cellular phone call.
This is how it will look like like on the recipient screen.
So the recipient can put the the facetime call on hold and accept the cellular phone call or end the facetime call and accept the cellular phone call.
This is how to change from facetime audio to regular call.
Remember that this is applicable to iphones and if you want to do this on an ipad with then you have to make sure that both your iPhone and iPad are using the same Wi-Fi or your iPad is connected to your iPhone hotspot.
You can go through this post to learn how to make phone calls on an ipad and be it cellular ipads or Wi-Fi only ipads.
- What does facetime unavailable mean? Explained
- How to stop someone from facetiming you without blocking them
IPhone defaults to facetime audio
If iphone defaults to facetime audio call you simply have to change it back to cellular phone call.
I noticed that if you try to call a phone number that is connected with iMessage and facetime, it will automatically make the call using facetime and it can be quite annoying if what you want to make is a regular phone call.
Now this is what you need to do.
Open the phone app and locate the recipient. Tap on the recipient to open.
If the recipient phone number is connected with facetime, it is likely to show you facetime call option only as shown below.
What you have to do is to press hold on the option that says FaceTime just like in the above picture, and you will several options presented to you which includes;
- Phone (phone call)
- WhatsApp call
All you have to do is to tap on phone to make a cellular phone call or the regular phone call instead of facetime audio call.
Why does my iphone keep going to facetime
Your iPhone keep going to facetime simply because the recipient phone number is connected with facetime and frequently you call the recipient on facetime.
Before calling someone on your iPhone, on the recent tab, you should check if the recent tab call is showing facetime or cellular phone call.
If it is showing facetime, once you tap on the recent call, it will immediately take you to facetime.
The above picture explain everything, and you should check if the recent call you made to the recipient is facetime call or the regular call.
How facetime audio call work
FaceTime Audio is a feature available on Apple devices that allows users to make voice calls over the internet using the FaceTime platform.
It provides high-quality audio communication, similar to a traditional phone call, but with the added benefits of utilizing internet connectivity and integration with other Apple services.
When initiating a FaceTime Audio call, the call setup process begins.
The process involves establishing a connection between the two devices involved in the call.
The devices use the internet to connect to Apple’s servers, which act as intermediaries to facilitate the call.
Here’s a step-by-step breakdown of how FaceTime Audio calls work:
- Initiating the Call:
- The caller opens the FaceTime app on their iPhone, iPad, or Mac and selects a contact to call.
- Instead of choosing the video option, they select the FaceTime Audio option.
- The caller’s device sends a request to Apple’s servers to initiate the call.
- Call Setup:
- Apple’s servers receive the call request and process it.
- The servers verify the availability of the recipient’s device and check for compatibility.
- If the recipient’s device is reachable and supports FaceTime Audio, a connection is established between the two devices.
- Establishing a Direct Connection:
- Once the call request is accepted by the recipient’s device, a direct connection is established between the two devices.
- This connection allows for the transmission of audio data between the caller and the recipient.
- Audio Compression:
- Before transmitting the audio data, it undergoes compression to reduce the amount of data being sent over the internet.
- Apple uses various audio compression algorithms to maintain high audio quality while minimizing bandwidth usage.
- The compressed audio data is then transmitted in packets over the internet.
- Packet Transmission:
- The audio packets are transmitted over the internet using a combination of TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) and UDP (User Datagram Protocol).
- TCP ensures reliable delivery of packets by retransmitting any lost or corrupted packets.
- UDP is used for real-time transmission, as it provides faster delivery by sacrificing reliability. Real-time communication benefits from faster transmission over potentially lossy connections.
- Audio Reception and Decompression: The recipient’s device receives the audio packets sent by the caller’s device.The device reassembles and decompresses the received packets to reconstruct the audio stream.
- Call Termination:
- When either the caller or recipient ends the call, the devices send termination signals to each other.
- The devices release the established connection and stop transmitting/receiving audio packets.
- The call data is removed from Apple’s servers, and the call is terminated.
And this is where I come to the conclusion of today’s question of the day, how to change from facetime audio to regular call on iPhone.